Optimize viral clearance studies by utilizing total viral load strategy – Webinar
Just like a race car, guitar, or vintage chronograph, viral clearance studies can also be finely tuned.
To ensure a successful viral clearance, the right balance of design, testing protocols, assay implementation, spiking strategy, and virus stock selection is necessary. As with any nuanced task, opinions on best practices vary across the bioprocessing community.
Having performed over 3500 viral clearance studies without a rejection, WuXi AppTec has the experience and expertise to ensure your study meets global regulatory scrutiny, no matter the stage of product development.
Join us for a free technical webinar on May 23 at 1pm EDT, as we demonstrate how to utilize a total viral load strategy to fine tune viral clearance studies.
Presented by Alexander Schwartz, WuXi AppTec’s Technical Development Scientist, the webinar will focus on the following:
- Industry challenges with virus removal filtration such as parvovirus breakthrough, virus stock interactions, and flow-through impact (plugging)
- Benefits of targeting viral challenge
- Variables of each process step that could impact regulatory submission
- Significance of Plaque Assays and Large Volume Testing and how they contribute to increasing LRV’s
- Explanation of the science behind virus stocks and the importance of high quality (high titer and purity)
- Utilizing data to define spiking strategies
- How to calculate the right target spike to improve run to run consistency using total viral load
- Achieving target LRV’s in fewer process steps by finding the right balance between concentration and volume
- Case Study: Best practices for viral clearance studies – WuXi AppTec Asahi Kasei Collaboration
After the webinar, WuXi AppTec’s technical experts will be hosting a question and answer session. Can’t make the live webinar on May 23? No problem, WuXi has your covered. When registering for the webinar, specify you can’t make it in the comment section so you can receive a link to watch the presentation at your convenience.
We look forward to seeing you on May 23!
Have a question for WuXi AppTec viral clearance experts before the webinar? Click here to start the conversation.